Reading Terminal Market
Welcome to the Reading Terminal Market. One of America’s largest and oldest public markets, housed since 1893 in a National Historic Landmark building, the Market offers an incredible selection of locally grown & exotic produce, locally sourced meats and poultry, plus the finest seafood, cheeses, baked goods, and confections. You’ll find everything you need to create a memorable meal, from cookbooks, to table linens, to kitchenware, to fresh cut flowers, and more. Plus the widest variety of restaurants under one roof. Find it all here at Philadelphia’s historic public market!
- To preserve the architectural and historical character, and function, of the Reading Terminal Market as an urban farmers’ market.
- To provide a wide variety of produce, meat, fish, bakery and dairy products, and other raw and prepared food, brought to a public market in the center of the city by farmers, growers, producers and chefs;
- To maintain an environment that recognizes and celebrates the diversity of our citizens and fosters their interaction;
- To strengthen the historic link and mutual dependency of our rural and urban communities; and,
- To achieve this, while preserving the financial viability and achieving self-sufficiency for the Market.