Reading Terminal Market is hosting The Philly Ice Cream Scoop- the LARGEST ice cream festival in the country in collaboration with Bassetts Ice Cream & Wawa Welcome America!
Join us for a delicious day as we bring together local, independent ice cream businesses with Reading Terminal Market merchants to celebrate Philly’s rich ice cream heritage.
• 12 Philly ice cream vendor favorites (Bassetts Ice Cream, Little Baby’s Ice Cream, Zsa’s Ice Cream, Franklin Fountain , Miller’s Twist, Sweet Charlie’s, GELAT’OH Brick & Motor, Weckerly’s Ice Cream, ICE CAVE, Kreider Farms, Lil’ Pop Shop, Dre’s Water Ice and Ice Cream, Gran Caffe L’Aquila)
• Ice cream specials at various Market merchants
• Ice cream eating contests
• Ice cream themed fun & games
• Arts & Crafts
• Ice cream demos in City Kitchen
• Live music by Jersey String Band
• and more!
Participating RTM Merchants:
Beck’s Cajun Cafe at Reading Terminal Market and 30th Street Station: Bananas Foster French Toast (until 12) & Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
Down Home Diner: Apple Pie with Praline & Cream Ice Cream
The Famous 4th Street Cookie Company: Pick-Your-Own-Cookie ice cream sandwich
Flying Monkey Bakery: Sundae Cake & Cupcakes
Fox & Son Fancy Corn Dogs: Funnel cake with ice cream
Hershel’s East Side Deli: Apple cake or Blueberry cake with vanilla ice cream
Hunger Burger: Raspberry Chocolate Truffle Shake
Kennett Square Specialties: Woodside Creamery Mushroom Ice Cream
Loco Lucho’s Latino Kitchen: Fried Ice Cream & Pina Coladas with Vanilla Ice Cream (get a shot of rum outside on Filbert st.!)
LUHV FOOD: Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches
Market Bakery: Ice Cream Muffins
Old City Coffee: Affogato- vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso
The Pennsylvania General Store: Kombucha Ice Cream Floats, soda floats, and ice cream sandwiches
Pearl’s Oyster Bar: Belgian Waffle with a Scoop of Ice Cream
The Head Nut: Toppings (BYO Ice Cream)
The Tubby Olive – Reading Terminal Store: 25% off Dessert Balsamics (Raspberry, Black Cherry, Espresso, Dark Chocolate)
This event and all activities are free to attend. Ice cream specials at Market merchants and ice cream vendors are pay-as-you-go.